15.12.08

in season: cookies


I guess I'm being a bit facetious in saying that cookies are in season here in Utah, or that they even have one. But honestly, cookies do have a certain window of time when they are found in abundance. The holidays are that time. I want to share with you one of my favorites.



andes mint cookies

¾ c. butter (1½ stick)
1½ cup brown sugar
2 Tablespoons water
12 oz. (2 cups) chocolate chips (I do 1 cup bittersweet, 1 cup semi)
2 eggs
2 ½ cups flour
1 ½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt

In a large bowl melt together the butter, brown sugar, water and chocolate chips. *I microwave it for a minute at a time stirring after each until melted.

Beat in eggs, add in sifted remaining dry ingredients until blended. Chill 1 hour or overnight. Shape into 1 inch balls and place on greased cookie sheet. Bake @ 325°F for 8-10 minutes. Place mint on top, you may want to place back in the oven for a second or two. Spread when melted. Let cool completely; or not.

This year I paired these with my mom's snickerdoodles and a bag of muddy buddies. Of all the cookies I make, these are the only ones I'll be making more than one batch of.

Here are a few more delicious cookie recipes from local bloggers:
ginger snaps
oatmeal chocolate chip
peanut butter
molten chocolate lava
lemon ricotta

happy {baking} holidays - Jj

3 comments:

Laura said...

I have seen brownies with the andes mints on top, but never cookies. I'm adding to my to try dessert file. Thanks

Steph said...

I will be making these today...they look to die for!!!!

Mumsy said...

Those andes mint cookies...oh, my!

Did you say muddy buddies??? I haven't had those in years!

(Thanks for the link, Jen.)