28.4.08

destination: Maine


I was in Boston for work and got this crazy idea to stay an extra day, rent a car and spend a day driving through New England. To pack in as much as humanly possible, I decided to drive a huge loop and see New Hampshire, Maine, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, and Rhode Island all in one day. I drove through beautiful forests and quaint New England towns, but the highlight of the trip was in Maine, where I stopped to see this great lighthouse out on a small island. It was my first time in Maine and it was just how I imagined it should be. It was only about 10:00 in the morning, but I was not going to leave Maine without trying some of their famous lobster. Lucky for me, there was a little seafood shack right next to the lighthouse, and so I ordered a whole Maine lobster and bowl of Lobster Bisque and ate them at a picnic table overlooking the lighthouse. The lobster bisque was rich and creamy with delicious little pieces of fresh lobster. It was still early in the morning, so the sun was hitting the ocean just perfectly and I just sat there memorized, watching the waves crash against the rocks as I ate. Definitely not your average breakfast, but it was absolutely delicious and for me the perfect meal to capture the essence of Maine.

—Zupas Aficinado

No comments: