19.10.08

destination: NYC

I ventured to NYC this week for food business and made the most of eating my way through the city in 4 short days. A good friend and mentor took me to a restaurant he recently invested in and to put it plainly, the experience didn't dissapoint. Nestled on a small street corner in the West Village, this quaint yet cool eatery seemed to capture the charm of NYC in a very "barnyard chic" fashion. I enjoyed a delicious Sangria Marinated Hanger Steak and French Fries (done right) dipped in a tangy cocktail sauce. The real star was my appetizer, Bacon Wrapped Scallops with Grits. Words couldn't possibly do this dish justice.
My quick trip to New York also included an hour long visit to Dean & Deluca, Bouchon Bakery, and Pizza from Ray's. Once again, NYC has manifested to me that whether it's an eclectic sangria hanger steak, a simple slice of pizza, or a delicate pastry, this city is full of fabulous food.

No comments: